1. When is the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year?
2. Where is the Torrid Zone?
On either side of the Tropics
Between the Arctic and Antarctic Circles
On either side of the Equator, up to the Tropics
Along the Equator
3. What are permeable rocks?
They soak up water.
They are oil-bearing rocks.
They are porous rocks.
They allow water to pass through them easily.
4. Which ocean surrounds Antarctica?
5. When is the Vernal Equinox, which occurs on the day when earth's axis does not tilt toward or away from the sun, with nearly equal hours of night and day (12 hours) globally?
6. What are those unique "pillar" formations found in limestone caves?
Stalactites (from the roof) and Stalagmites (rising from the floor)
7. What is another name for a Highland climate?
A Himalayan climate
A Scottish climate
A Hill climate
An Alpine climate
8. What common feature do Intermontane, Piedmont, and Continental describe?
Types of plateaus
Types of soils
Types of rocks
Types of weather
9. What happens during the equinoxes?
The countries along the Equator are in darkness.
The countries along the Equator are at their hottest.
The countries along the Equator are at their wettest.
The sun shines vertically over the Equator.
10. Identify the Chernozem soils of great fertility, as in the Steppes.
About Us | © Copyright 2017 Sumit Nabham | Powered by GTM Infotech