1. If the water surrounding the land we live on is called hydrosphere, what is the rocky crust of the earth on which we live called?
2. What do contours on map indicate?
The temperature in different areas
Heights of land above the sea level
The vegetation in different areas
The different kinds of soil
3. Where would you find the Trade Winds?
Between the Tropics and blowing towards the Equator
In the Atlantic Ocean
By the Cape of Good Hope
Blowing across Europe
4. The surface of the earth is about 500 million sq. km. About how much of this is water?
5. What is the latitude of the Arctic Circle?
80 degrees North
66.5 degrees South
80 degrees South
66.5 degrees North
6. What is the upper part of the atmosphere called?
7. What does the scale 1:1,000,000 represent in linear measure?
1 cm = 10 km
1 m = 1 mile
1" = 6 and a half miles
1 cm = 1 km
8. Which part of the earth is the South Temperate Zone?
Between the Equator and the Tropic of Capricorn
Between the Tropic of Capricorn and the Antarctic Circle
Between the Equator and the Atlantic Circle
Between the two Tropics
8. What have Humboldt, Benguela, and Kuro Siwo have in common?
All are ocean currents.
All are African cities.
All are great explorers.
All are mountain peaks.
10. In which part of the world would you find cyclones?
In the China Seas
In the Carribbean
In the Indian Ocean and its littoral
About Us | © Copyright 2017 Sumit Nabham | Powered by GTM Infotech